How do you say what did you do today?
What did you do today vs What have you done today?
In grammatical terms, “What have you done?” is present perfect; “What did you do?” is past simple. You are right in a way – in some contexts they are interchangeable and there isn’t a difference, but as always, context is everything.
Did you do VS have you done?
Have you done that? is an enquiry about whether an expected action has been completed yet. Did you do that? is asking whether you are the person who did something that has already happened (which might not be a good thing).
How do you ask what did you do today?
- What color did you paint with?
- What did you make or build?
- What made you laugh?
- What friend looked happy?
- What friend looked sad?
- Who did you help?
- Who helped you?
- What made you feel excited?
What did you get up reply?
“Get up to + something” is a British and informal expression. It just means “do something.” So “What did you get up to” means “What did you do?” Perhaps your friend wanted to ask you about how you spent your free time and also implied about the rest of it.
Did you do your homework or have you done your homework?
Using the simple past (“did you do your homework”) in situations that actually call for the present perfect (“have you done your homework”, because the enquirer wishes to know if the person’s homework is now done) is especially common in American English.
Have you done and are you done?
“Are you done” is used when asking a person if he or she has finished doing something. The thing that is being done is known. Are you done with washing the toilet? “Have you done” is asked when the thing being done is not known, and the person is inquiring as to what the thing is.
Did you have your food meaning?
If you are having food you are eating it and if you are eating food you are having it.
What did sentence?
Collocations with Did.
|Do right||I dId something right|
|Do well||She did really well|
|Do homework||She did her homework|
|Do business||We did business|
|Do dishes||They did the dishes|
Did you do meaning?
“Did you do it?” is the question you want to ask to find out who did something. You can also use it to ask whether a task is finished, although the emphasis is different: Did you do it?
Did you have or had?
“Had” is not the appropriate tense to use in this case: you must use “have“. The grammatically correct form of your sentence would be “Did you already have the opportunity to do something?”
What to ask after how was your day?
- What was the best part of your day?
- Did anything surprise you today?
- Did you read/listen to anything interesting today?
- Did you take any photos today? …
- How can I make your day easier in five minutes?
- What did you do that was just for you today?
How was your day at work answer?
- “It was really interesting! I got to go/do…”
- “Oh man, today was rough. We were so busy that I…”
- “Work wasn’t bad. I’ve actually been a little stressed lately, though.”
- “I’m actually thinking of finding a different job. I want to do something more…”
- “Not bad. …
- “It was good!
What to ask instead of How was school today?
Examples of alternatives to “How was school today”
– What was your best moment at school today? (or what was your worst moment at school today?) – Tell me something that made you laugh today. – Who did you help today?
How do you respond to a flirty way?
- Better now that I’m hearing from you! …
- Feeling pretty beautiful/handsome today, but not as beautiful/handsome as you are!
- I’m really busy, but counting down the hours until (insert the date when you’ll see them again).
- I was just thinking of you and wondering how you look today.
What should I say when a girl asks what am I to you?
- Interested in you.
- Thinks you are interested in her and is also interested in you.
- Thinks you are interested in her but she just wants to be friends.
What does it mean if a guy asks you how your day was?
They Ask About Your Day
“If they are interested in you, they’ll be curious about you because they’re trying to figure you out,” Safran said. “If they ask about your day, they want to get more of a feel for what’s going on in your life.”
Did you do your homework answer?
It would be normal to reflect the form of the question, so if asked “Did you do your homework?” you would normally say “Yes, I did it.” If asked “Have you done your homework?” (which means the same thing) you would answer “Yes, I have done it.”
Have you done the homework today change the voice?
Answer. PASSIVE VOICE => Has the homework been done by you.
Do you think or did you think?
When you say that you did something, you’re talking about something that happened in the past. Do is the present tense form of the verb to do. It’s used to talk about present tense situations.
Was done is correct?
“Has been done” is a present perfect passive tense, which should be used for an action that happened at an unspecified time in the past. You should not use this tense when the time is specified. Use the simple past passive “was done” instead.
How do you use I am done?
How do you say I am done?
- I’ve completed it. …
- I got it done. …
- It’s over. / It’s complete. …
- That’s it for me. / That’s all for me. …
- I’m out.
Did you have correct dinner?
The verb ‘have had’ is in present perfect tense. This verb describes whether you have just completed the action of taking dinner or not. “Have u had ur dinner” is the correct one.
Did you eat dinner?
Did you have your dinner reply?
In English I suppose most of people would say “Have you eaten/Have you had your dinner?”. The correct answer would indeed be “(Yes,) I have”.
Did use sentences?
- Did I hurt you? …
- Did you know that? …
- And that was the way it did happen. …
- How did you know you loved him? …
- Still the king did not answer. …
- No one did , because the Mangaboos did not wear hats, and Zeb had lost his, somehow, in his flight through the air. …
- What did she eat today?
How do you use did in question?
Did example in a sentence?
[M] [T] I am hungry because I did not eat lunch. [M] [T] I can’t tell you what we did last night. [M] [T] I’m surprised that she did such a thing.
How did u do meaning?
How do you do is defined as a polite greeting that you can use when first introduced to someone. An example of “how do you do” is what you would say as you shake hands with someone you meet for the first time. idiom. 63.
How do you reply what do you do?
Do you get or did you get?
Both are correct. Here the literal meaning of did you get it would be that you were asked to get something and now you want to know whether he has gotten it. The other meaning of do you get it means to say do you comprehend it or do you understand it.
English Pronunciation Study: What did you do Today?
Learn Past Tense Verbs #1 – Pattern Practice – Simple Past Tense by ELF Learning
Learn Past Tense Verbs 2 – Patterns Chants – ESL – EFL – ELF Learning
What did you do today? (Cannes) | Easy French 62
when a guy asks what did you do today
what did you do today meaning
how to answer what did you do today
what did you do today essay
what did you do today in tagalog
best response to what did you do today
what did you do today interview question
what did you do today reddit